Local Food & Household Goods
Subscribe to the Preserve E-Newsletter
To our valued customers,
These have been some very challenging weeks for everyone around the world, with much change, fear and uncertainty.
Food is essential to human life and we believe it is important to continue to provide Winnipeg with quality, Manitoba made goods while attempting to preserve some revenue to our small local producers who are at risk of losing their livelihood during this adversity.
We at Preserve take this health crisis very seriously and have taken steps to reduce everyone’s risk.
The shop will be open from 10:00-6:00, Monday to Saturday, with a sanitizing station at the door that we kindly ask you to use before entry.
To ensure proper social distancing measures in the little shop, we will only be allowing 1 customer at a time, but have a large heated foyer to wait in should there be any lineup.
NEW* The entry door from Hildegard’s Bakery will be the only door open due to vandelism of our Maryland entrance.*
For everyone’s peace of mind, although you will be washing your hands prior to entry, we ask that you are aware and minimize touching items that you are unlikely to purchase.
We will be open to the public but encourage everyone to pre-order using the order form, which has nearly every item we sell listed.
How to pre-order
- Click the order form link
- Take a look and decide what you would like
- Send us your order to email@example.com -you can either edit the PDF with what you’d like or list items in your order email. We’ve assigned an item code to each product and if you prefer, can just list item codes.
Please ensure you include your name, phone number, preferred form of payment (etransfer or credit card), and requested day and time of pickup. If you’re not able to make it during our reduced shop hours, let us know and we’ll work something out.
-We’ll be in touch with you within an hour (but likely much less), to confirm the order, let you know the total, and process payment if credit card is preferred.
- Shortly before you arrive (best time is right after parking), phone us at 204-221-1383 or text 204-774-4666 and we’ll place your order in the foyer right outside our entry to ensure no-contact measures. If you prefer us to keep your purchase in the shop for extra safekeeping, that’s no problem, just call us upon parking and we’ll meet you at the door.
- Take your lovely Manitoba made, small business supporting purchase home and enjoy!
100B 686 Portage Ave.
(Corner of Portage Ave. and Maryland Street)
Preserving your local economy with things to make you feel good and happy. Vibrant little local goods shop.